Name:
Location: Queens, New York, United States

Thursday, December 15, 2005

My First Blog!!


I'm starting this blog to post my journey as an artist. That never ending quest for perfection. Here's a brief history.
I've been drawing since the age of 4. Went to the High School of Art & Design from 1980 to 1984. There I took cartooning and illustration. Got a Associate Degree in Art and advertising from New York City technical College (84 to 90 I'll get to the gap in years at a later post). Attended numerous life drawing class at the Society of Illustrators from 94 to 2002. Now even though I when to school, I learned more about life drawing from the Society classes and sketching on the train then in class.
I had looked over my art one day and realized that I hadn't made much of a progression. I thought that it should be better.
Now the reason why it wasn't is that I slacked off for about three years. From late 90 to 93. Didn't touch a pencil, drawing desk and art supplies collecting dust. Just wasn't in to it, of course your gonna suck!! So got my Bridgman books open again and went to work. Now the Bridgman books are fantastic and you learn a lot from them but you need more. I had worked at a hospital near 63th street in Manhattan on the east side and I remembered the Society of Illustrators was on that street. So after work I walked over. I can't remember what the gallery was showing but when I saw a flier pinned up at the reception area for life drawing class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I was hooked. I'm taking these classes. So begins the quest for perfection.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Retzloff said...

Good luck! I always liked drawing! ~Sarah

3:12 PM  
Blogger Pete Duhon said...

Best wishes on your journey ahead and thanks for sharing it with us.

PD

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home